Another piece of advice you of want to succeed in writing a novel:
1) Be youngish and photogenic;
2) Lure an agent with your headshot - or be well-known already;
3) Get a PR who is at least as good as your agent;
4) Include some mildly kinky sex scenes in your book and market it as being aimed at middle-aged women;
5) Live on Facebook with a thousand-selfie-a-day habit;
6) Praise god for your God-given talent then adopt atheism;
7) Tell everyone to get fucked.
To quote Somerset Maugham: "There are only three ways to write a novel ....unfortunately, no one knows what they are .... "
If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.