The Liebster is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
From the official Liebster Award site:
- Link to this blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
- Answer the questions given to you (if nominated, if you were not nominated you can use my questions)
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer (I’m looking for unique and creative ones)
- Comment on this blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award. To make it easy for me to read them all.
Entries start 1st Jan 2018 and ends on 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
And as posted from he who nominated me:
1) Thank the person who nominated you — humble thank you to Knight of Angels
2) Answer the questions provided by the nominator
3) Nominate 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers who you think deserve the award
4) Create a new list of questions for your nominees
5) List the rules in your post
6) Let your nominees know of their nominations personally
I post both versions because clearly there’s been some drift as this travels. It’s kind of cool to see how it’s evolved. I’ll do my best to honor both sets of terms.
1. What was the worst vacation you’ve ever been on?
Going to Algarve and also working on a critical IT Project at the same time...
2. Who was the most memorable person you have ever met?
Several: Lauren Bacall, Mickey Rooney, Wim Wenders, ... at the Portuguese Cinemateca.
3. If you could go back and remake a movie before it’s been made, what movie would that be?
Hackers (1995) by Iain Softley. Made on the brink of universal internet access, in which skateboarding computer nerds still needed to use payphones to get online...
4. What food, in your opinion, should be stricken off of menus nationwide?
MacDonalds. The point is that if you stop gorging and get lots of exercise, it's OK to include junk once in a while. If a kid is addicted to junk food, don't blame it on the ads, blame it on the parents. Nevertheless, I'd get rid of it anyway.
5. What is your least favorite book of all time?
Lifeguard by James Patterson. It's really bad...
Questions for my nominees:
1. Have you got a bad book habit? If yes, which one?
2. How do you feel giving bad ratings and reviews?
3. If you could read in a foreign language which one would you choose and why?
4. Have your reading habits changed after you started blogging? If yes, why?
And my nominees are…
NB: BrokenTune has already been nominated by Troy.
You are under no obligation to accept your nomination and/or participate. All the same, I’m usually educated and/or entertained by you and your work, so it’s only right that you should be recognized.